The event itself was actually pretty mellow, perhaps it was the rain or the cold that dampened the energy that night, but by the end of the evening spirits were much higher, jokes were flying and moods were warm.
I also would like to take this time to congratulate Mr. LA Leather Bear 2011, Terry Leftgoff! Congratulations big guy!
Now I wouldn't say I'm a guy who's deeply into bears, but I can see what is so attractive about the bear type.
A large man, usually with a large belly, offers a lot of man to admire, grasp, embrace, kiss, and ultimately make sweet and or dirty love to. A bear, as I see them, wouldn't be complete without the hairy bodies. It's what comes with the name association. Think of a real black bear, a towering mountain of thick black fur, muscle, girth, and the human version isn't that far off.
I have only really seen bears in several types, mainly muscled, panda, leather, and girth. However according to Wikipedia, there are a lot more types and people associated with bears out there:
- Bear—a hairy man with a stocky or heavy-set build and facial hair. Can be clean shaven and of any age.
- Bear run—a gathering or circuit party for Bear/Cub types and their Admirers.
- Black Bear—a Bear of African-American descent or of darker toned skin.
- Brown Bear—a Bear of Hispanic descent.
- Chaser—short for Chubby Chaser.
- Chub—a heavy set gay man. May or may not be a bear (Chubby bear is a common term)
- Cub—a younger (or younger looking) version of a Bear, typically but not always with a smaller frame. The term is sometimes used to imply the passive partner in a relationship. Can be hairy or hairless.
- Daddy bear—an older bear, sometimes looking for a daddy/son relationship with a younger man.
- Goldilocks—a female, often heterosexual, who is often in the company of bears (a bear's fag hag).
- Leather bear—a bear with a leather fetish.
- Muscle bear—a muscular version of a Bear. A muscle cub is a younger or smaller, yet muscular, version.
- Otter—a man who is hairy, but is not large or stocky—typically thinner, swimmer's build, or with lean muscle
- Panda bear—a bear of Asian descent.
- Pocket bear—a short Bear.
- Polar bear—a silver- or white-haired Bear.
- Red bear—a red-haired bear. Also known as a Ginger Bear.
- Wolf—a term for a Muscle Bear who is a rugged outdoorsy or biker type.
- Woof—a greeting sometimes used when a Bear sees another Bear in public and wants to express physical attraction.
After looking at this I remember a bear once endearingly calling me an otter. I didn't really think I was that hairy! I've also used the term "woof" before, but I know it is not strictly a bear term, I have used it and heard it used in multiple cases of sexual attraction. Personally I'd think a bear would use "rawr" more than "woof", but both are fun especially when they're growled in your ear as he goes to softly bite it.
If I had to choose one bear type out of the entire list, I'd have to go with a Wolf. Gotta love a large muscle powerhouse on a bike!